The Faculty of Materials comprises members of the Department of Materials and from other Departments on nomination. The Faculty of Materials is assigned to the Division of Mathematics, Physical and Life Sciences.
Eligibility for membership of Faculty is defined in the University Statutes
- Chairman to be the Deputy HoD (Academic) subject to confirmation by election annually normally at the Trinity Term meeting of Faculty
- Meets once each term
- Quorum is 10
- Education Manager in attendance
- Notify its decisions to the Secretary of Faculties and Academic Registrar1 and the Divisional Office
1 Council Regulations 18 of 2002
Functions of the Committee
The Faculty has
- i. responsibility for all academic matters that require changes to Examination Regulations, and for making proposals to the relevant divisional or faculty board on matters relating to the academic activities within the Faculty.
- ii. oversight of all academic matters that do not require changes to Examination Regulations, including the provision and delivery of teaching in all its forms and at all levels, and the recruitment, admission and induction of undergraduate and postgraduate studen ts, the responsibility for which it delegates to the Departmental Academic Committee. The Departmental Academic Committee shall inform the Faculty of all its decisions on these matters.
Policy on Conflict of Interest
Members of Faculty are asked to declare at the start of a meeting any agenda items on which they feel they have a conflict of interest.
Minutes of Meetings
Minutes of the more recent meetings of Faculty are available on WebLearn. They are published here after being confirmed by the Committee as a true record.
These minutes are only accessible to members of the Committee
Minutes from Faculty