Contact | Terms of Reference | Minutes of Meetings
- Enquiries should initially be directed to the committee secretary Dr Paul Warren.
- The Department of Materials uses maillists to contact all members of the committee. The maillist for this committee is email@example.com. For a full description of the maillist and how to use it please read the further information about maillists
Information Technology Committee : Terms of Reference
- Ex Officio the Senior IT officer
- Ex Officio the Department Administrator
- Ex Officio all members of the Department IT support staff
- 2 members of Department nominated bi-annually by DC
- at least 2 other co-opted members (co-opted annually)
- Chairman by election bi-annually from within the committee
- The committee shall meet at least once per term, usually on Tuesday of 3rd Week.
Functions of the Committee
The functions of a departmental committee shall be to advise the head of the department on all matters affecting the department, in particular:
- to agree on and implement the most effective mechanisms for supplying IT/AV facilities and infrastructure to deliver the support the teaching and research goals of the Department, within the budget provided for the purpose and within the framework of the university IT strategy and rules;
- to provide and arrange support and training for the members of the Department in their use of IT for administration, teaching and research, within the limits of the budget and staffing available to the Committee;
- to advise the Department Committee on the requirements for the financing of the Departments IT/AV infrastructure, in line with the teaching and research goals decided by the DMAC and ROG committees and the Head of Department;
- to advise senior staff and the Head of Department on IT strategy in the light of changing technology and other external factors;
- to develop IT policies which will make most effective use of the IT/AV resources available within the Department.
Minutes of Meetings