Online Event Code of Conduct
We ask that all attendees and participants in online talks, lectures, and meetings abide by the following code of conduct:
- Be respectful of all attendees and participants at all times
- Any inappropriate or offensive language will not be tolerated
- Do not share any personal details, including mobile numbers, email addresses, or social media accounts
- Please keep any chat on-topic to avoid distracting other participants. Any messages should always be kind.
- Do not try to record the lecture/talk/meeting in any way
If you do not abide by this code of conduct, you may be removed from the event and (for under 18s) a parent/guardian or your school may be informed.
Safeguarding for children and vulnerable adults
Your safeguarding and welfare is our top priority. The designated safeguarding lead for the Department is Helena Cotterill (Access & Outreach Manager). This means they are responsible for keeping you safe and well during events. Please email Helena (email@example.com) if you have any concerns or for any of the following reasons:
- You are feeling unhappy
- You are feeling unsafe
- You have concerns about another student or adult helper.
Helena will be able to support you and try and get you the help you need.
The University of Oxford Safeguarding Code of Practice can be found here: hr.admin.ox.ac.uk/safeguarding-at-risk-adults-and-children
Any personal data you submit to us during registration for outreach events, joining mailing lists, or for any other outreach activity for the department will be stored and held in line with our current data protection legislation. You can find more information in the specific privacy notices for our outreach programmes available to download below: