Getting Started with iLabSolutions booking system
In September 2014 the Department of Materials started using a comercial equipment booking system from iLabSolutions. The iLabSolutions booking system works off the university Single-Sign-On authentication for internal users, but can also accept external users.
Logging-in / Registration
Internal University of Oxford Users: Register with iLab
1. Login using your Oxford SSO username and password.
2. Once logged in, you will need to select your PI (principal investigator or group leader) and set your time zone “(GMT+00:00) London”.
3. You should be redirected to your Home page. Click on the “list all cores” link on the left panel to view the two core facilities at University of Oxford.
External to University of Oxford Users: Sign up for iLab Account
- Click the Register link to land on the registration page.
- All fields are required on the account sign-up age.
- You will receive an email with account information and basic instructions to get started using the system once your account has been approved.
To request a service from OMCS (e.g. training on equipment, commercial users wanting OMCS staff to perform an analysis, internal users wanting OMCS staff to perform XRD or XPS or EPMA analyses) select the Service tab.
To request training for Electron Microscopes please use the EM access form on the EM website.
Users first need to have logged-in as above and to have been trained/authorized to use the equipment.
To make a booking select the desired core facility (Electron Microscopy or OMCS), expand the groups of equipments listed for that core facility, then click on the name of the equipment you want.
To reserve the equipment select the Schedule tab, choose the correct day, then click a start-time and drag down to an end-time. Note that most equipment has been configured with standard time slots to optimise efficient usage of limited resources. The black dotted lines indicate the start/end of these predefined (coloured) slots.
The manuals and tutorials below provide more specific information.
Please view the equipment booking guidance presentation.